Innovation & Entrepreneurship Fellow
Job no: 492454
Department: President's Office
The Davidson College Fellows Program has an opening for the position of Innovation & Entrepreneurship Fellow. The Fellow will assist the college's Innovation & Entrepreneurship initiative in building, launching and running programs and experiences for students, alumni and faculty who want to create disproportionate impact as innovators and entrepreneurs.
Current Davidson students or 2016 graduates with an interest in innovation, entrepreneurship, and the future of higher education in general are encouraged to apply. This is a regular, full-time, one or two year appointment. Position is salaried. New employee paid by direct deposit to the financial institution of his/her choice.
Are you passionate about creating opportunities for current and future innovators to disrupt the status quo? Do you want to join an organization focused on building and reimagining the liberal arts in a complex global society? Interested in being part of a team that learns from failure, is experimental and collaborative, and strives for excellence?
The Innovation & Entrepreneurship Fellow will serve as a primary coordinator of programs that support the Davidson ecosystem - from students to faculty - in building an entrepreneurial mindset, prototyping, testing and validating big ideas, taking smart risks and working way outside the box. Ideal candidates will have experience with and excitement about project and program management, and an interest in managerial growth opportunities.
- Build and test programs that support disruptive innovators and create a culture of entrepreneurship;
- Develop and manage all project plans and timelines -- including the scheduling and assignment of tasks, setting and managing team member expectations.
- Craft messaging and strategies for engaging diverse, savvy communities by developing a web presence, social media campaigns, newsletters and eblasts;
- Supervise a dynamic team with support from I&E Director;
- Build, strengthen and promote collaborations that promote institutional and individual innovation and entrepreneurism;
- Keep up with best practices and trends in experiential and entrepreneurship education;
- Provide a Millennial voice on campus working groups and committees as requested; and
- Using the lean startup framework, pilot one major new project that advances institutional innovation; building, measuring and learning from both failures and successes.
For Reference - Proposed Time Commitments:
80% Program/Project Management
20% Institutional Innovation (Special Projects)
This position requires a detail-oriented, strategic thinker who will bring a passion for experimentation, innovation and entrepreneurship, to ITS@Davidson, as well as:
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills (written and verbal);
- Demonstrates initiative, creativity, and independence;
- Strong problem identification and problem-solving skills;
- Proficient at web research;
- Able to work independently and in collaboration
- Deeply committed to education, with a vision for the mission of entrepreneurship in the liberal arts, and a strategy for delivering quality outcomes for students
- A strong understanding of and/or interest in program management
- Commitment to an open, transparent and collaborative organizational culture characterized by constant learning and experimentation
- Willingness to think creatively about how to achieve goals and enthusiastic about innovative approaches; a thoughtful risk-taker willing to embrace contrarian ideas
- Experience with programming, multimedia and web development
- Understanding of and experience with design thinking and lean startup methodology
Please submit a resume and cover letter with your application by April 15.
For additional information, contact Hannah Levinson at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend