Motor Pool Mechanic
Job no: 492714
Department: Physical Plant Motor Pool
Davidson College seeks to fill a full time Motor Pool Mechanic working 40 hours per week. The purpose of this position is to perform general mechanical maintenance on motor pool vehicles and other motorized equipment.
The specific duties include:
- Change, repair and balance tires, fuel, wash, grease, lubricate, change filters and do repairs on all type of vehicles and equipment as needed. Perform vehicle check-ins/check-outs and maintenance inspections. Equipment repairs include: tractors, lawn mowers, trailers, golf carts, etc. as well as automobiles and trucks.
- Maintain parts inventory for vehicle maintenance
- Drive and operate motor pool vehicles for service, NC inspections and breakdown calls.
- Comply with emergencies or call-back procedures when needed in the motor pool operations.
- Maintain communication with the work order desk and motor pool staff as well as the equipment mechanic and provide backup support for the equipment mechanic as needed.
Note: The position will require the ability to lift and place equipment and materials and may expose the employee to certain hazardous conditions. The employee must work outdoors in all weather conditions.
Minimum qualifications are:
High school diploma
Valid drivers' license with clean driving record, eligibility to be van certified
At least three-year’s experience working in vehicle, small engine repairs.
Basic computer knowledge for service recordkeeping.
Employee must supply their own hand tools. Major tools (air tools, tire tools, lifts, presses, welders, etc.) supplied by employer.
This is a full time, benefitted position. Please complete the online application and submit a basic resume by February 23st, 2018.
The Davidson College Physical Plant team is responsible for operation and maintenance of the College’s 650 acre campus including 107 buildings with approximately 1.8 million square feet and 62 rental properties in the town of Davidson. Buildings range from historic 1850’s original campus construction to state of the art science and laboratory facilities which came online in 2016. Davidson is strongly committed to achieving excellence and cultural diversity, and welcomes applications from women, members of minority groups, and others who would bring additional dimensions to the college's mission.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend