The Davidson College Fellows Program has an opening for the position of Communication and Client Experience Manager within Technology & Innovation (T&I). This position is only available to current students or 2017 graduates with strong written and verbal communications skill and a passion for enhancing client experience . This is a salaried position, full-time, one or two year appointment. New employee paid by direct deposit to the financial institution of his/her choice.
Do you get excited about crafting creative stories using words, pictures, videos, and graphics? Are you focused on the details, making sure the message is clear and easily understood by your audience? Do you value customer service and believe in creating memorable experiences for every client? Join us in our commitment to elevate the client experience and develop consistent communications and messaging for all the services our team provides campus constituents.
As a member of the T&I team, the Communication and Client Experience Manager is expected to uphold the department’s mission to “drive digital transformation that advances Davidson’s primary purpose” and contribute positively to a culture of collaboration, transparency, empathy, innovation, and accountability within T&I.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities (70%)
- Develop and execute communications plans to promote and showcase T&I projects, initiatives, maintenance, training and support
- Collaborate closely with T&I staff members to coordinate department campaigns across traditional and digital media, including print, website, email, video, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Create content, messaging, write and curate stories, draft web copy and blog posts, design social media graphics and other collateral that supports a consistent voice for T&I
- Plan and execute strategic communications efforts with support from direct supervisor and strategic communications consultant
- Recruit and manage a team of student workers to support communications, graphic design and videography
- Attend T&I events to take photos
- Keep up with best practices and trends in the communications space
Client Experience (30%)
- Design client feedback opportunities and follow-up processes
- Enhance the student on-boarding experience to showcase T&I services
- Assist in designing and executing employee on-boarding experience
- Assist in developing a formal User Success Team protocol for all Support Center staff to ensure consistent message and follow-up procedures are in place for every client (in-person visit, email, chat support)
Desired Skills & Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong enthusiasm for customer service
- Desire to interact and engage with various campus constituents such as faculty, staff and students
- Possesses a “can-do” attitude, self-starter and initiative with new projects
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience using email marketing clients such as MailChimp and Constant Contact
- Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator or similar graphic design or visual storytelling program
- Photography and/or videography experience a plus
Davidson Graduates from 2017 and 2018 are encouraged to apply online. Please include a cover letter and resume.
Davidson College is a highly selective, independent liberal arts college located in Davidson, North Carolina, that has graduated 23 Rhodes Scholars and is consistently ranked in the top ten liberal arts colleges in the country. Faculty of Davidson College enjoy a low student-faculty ratio, emphasis on and appreciation of excellence in teaching, and a collegial, respectful atmosphere that honors academic achievement and integrity. Davidson is strongly committed to achieving excellence and cultural diversity, and welcomes applications from women, members of minority groups, and others who would bring additional dimensions to the college's mission.