Safe Rides Driver
Job no: 492738
Department: Public Safety
The Safe Rides Driver operates College-owned vehicle to provide safe transportation of students, faculty, staff and visitors to on/off campus locations as assigned.
Primarily operates College vehicle to provide safe transportation of students, faculty, staff and visitors to on/off campus locations as assigned. Performs vehicle pre-trip and post-trip inspections, reporting any defects. Maintains a clean and neat vehicle. Builds rapport with students and employees, allowing them a sense of safety and security.
Routinely surveys campus locations to check for any safety, health or environmental concerns. Notifies supervisor of potential problems and offers suggestions on possible solutions for dealing with the situation.
Valid driver’s license with good driving record and the ability to obtain a CDL, if required; must be insurable.
High school diploma with 1 year of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Security experience in a campus environment is preferred.
This position is on Saturday nights, 10:00pm - 2:00 am, and as needed otherwise.
- May be required to work in adverse weather conditions
- May be required to sit and drive for long periods
- May be exposed to hazardous materials or chemicals
- Light work, exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Must have vision correctable to 20/20 and meet color vision requirements.
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions; subject to occasional extreme heat and cold; subject to hazards
Davidson College is a highly selective, independent liberal arts college located in Davidson, North Carolina, that has graduated 23 Rhodes Scholars and is consistently ranked in the top ten liberal arts colleges in the country. Faculty of Davidson College enjoy a low student-faculty ratio, emphasis on and appreciation of excellence in teaching, and a collegial, respectful atmosphere that honors academic achievement and integrity. Davidson is strongly committed to achieving excellence and cultural diversity, and welcomes applications from women, members of minority groups, and others who would bring additional dimensions to the college's mission.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend