Annual Giving Fellow
Job no: 492823
Department: Annual Giving
The Annual Giving Fellow works with the annual giving staff to meet the dollar and alumni participation goals of The Fund for Davidson. Specific responsibilities include managing student and alumni volunteers, overseeing student philanthropy strategies and the Student Ambassador program and assisting with special projects.
- Student Ambassador Program: Manage all aspects of the paid student ambassador program, including hiring and training approximately 15-20 student ambassadors. Develop a calling schedule in conjunction with The Fund for Davidson communications plan to intentionally solicit, steward and engage meaningful segments of alumni, parents, and friends of the college. This will require significant evening work at certain times throughout the year.
- Student Philanthropy: Work to develop a four-year student education and engagement program to build an understanding of alumni philanthropy for Davidson. Assist with management of the Senior Class Gift program. Manage the Dinner at Davidson student group. Collaborate with student groups to help promote the #AllinforDavidson one-day challenge. Partner with offices across College Relations to develop a comprehensive plan for educating and engaging students at all points of their college career.
- Class Volunteer Management: Identity, recruit, train and manage Fund for Davidson Class Ambassadors from the Classes of 1951-1968 for the purpose of creating class affinity, engagement, and reaching class participation and dollar goals. Plan, prepare for, hold and follow-up from volunteer calls and meetings. Devise and execute fundraising strategies for each class and regularly provide updated fundraising information statistics to volunteers through the year. Assist with the overall volunteer communications strategy for the Fund for Davidson including authoring class communications, volunteer e-Newsletters, and maintenance of the Davidson Volunteer Portal.
- Direct Solicitation/Stewardship: Responsible for making solicitation phone calls on behalf of The Fund for Davidson. Visit 25 volunteers or prospective donors during the fiscal year. This position will manage a portfolio of approximately 75 leadership donors. Maintain a precise record of donor contacts through the prospect management system and prepare timely call reports. Complete all necessary computer work and written reports to satisfactorily track prospects. This position makes 100+ contacts per week in June to ensure Davidson's maintains one of the highest alumni participation rates in the country.
- Must be a new or recent college graduate.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues.
- Must have good analytical skills.
- Must be self-directed, motivated and organized.
- Must be able to engage and develop a rapport with donors from diverse backgrounds.
- Good follow-up skills, attention to detail and ability to think strategically also required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Docs, and CRM database navigation.
While the “Fellows program” is unique to Davidson, the responsibilities and function of this position are integral to any Annual Giving office. Positions at other institutions may have similar jobs with similar responsibilities titled “Director of the Phonathon/Call Center” or “Assistant Director.” The Fellow position is a one-year position with the possibility of renewal, to be determined by the Director of Annual Giving by March 1, 2019.
Supervisory duties for this position are specific to the management of student callers.
Significant evening and weekend work required; attendance at athletic and alumni events encouraged. During the month of June, members of the Annual Giving team work additional hours. Vacation time is not taken during this month unless there are special circumstances and permission is given by the Director of Annual Giving.
You may apply online at http://employment.davidson.edu. Please attach a resume and cover letter to the application. Review of applications will begin on August 19th.
At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community. In order to achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, cultures, and national origins.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend