Administrative Assistant - Much Ado Catering
Job no: 492897
Department: Much Ado Catering
The Catering Administrative Assistant is to provide excellent customer service and have the ability to work in a high-pressure, fast-paced College environment. A successful Catering Assistant is able to adjust quickly to changing priorities and is able to multi-task; strong attention to detail; must be able to maintain well documented, organized, accurate, and up-to-date files. Additionally, communicate information accurately to managers and or culinary team and disseminate information and facts to relevant accounts and applicable departments.
- Perform general office administrative tasks such as filing, answering phones and scheduling.
- Assist with planning, organization, and execution of all banquet functions.
- Process billing of client contracts (BEO)
- Greet clients and guests and respond to guest inquiries and requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner.
- Participate in and lead department meetings, as needed.
- Promptly answer telephone calls. Communicate information accurately to the Culinary team and disseminate information and facts to relevant accounts and applicable departments.
- Type correspondence, proposals, and contracts (BEO) as directed by management using computers. Process contracts for relevant departments.
- Distribute memos, contracts, resumes, room requests and amenities to relevant departments throughout the College. Copy, fax, and necessary email documentation for clients use.
- Politely and professionally converse with clients. Respond to inquiries with accurate information and record in all relevant files.
- Promptly respond to requests for information on College facilities and menus. Maintain filing system in accordance with company standards. Log pertinent account information in files. Maintain necessary copies of contracts and correspondence in an orderly and accurate manner.
- High School Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- College Catering is preferred
- Familiar with food service terms
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, as well as vendors and department heads.
- Basic knowledge of mathematics and calculator skills to prepare mathematical calculations without error.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, co-workers, public, etc.
- Experience with using Caterease Software, Word, Excel, and Outlook essential.
- Works well under pressure
- Commitment to customer service
- Flexible team player
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to clearly and effectively communicate in English.
- Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. The schedule may fluctuate based on departmental requirements and academic life of the College campus, ie Alumni Weekend and Graduation
This is an administrative position in an office environment. Must be able to sit or stand for hours at a time. Physical demands may include light work, prolonged walking and/or standing and occasionally being required to lift boxes (25-40 lbs). Time may also be spent in a restaurant environment or special event setting
How to apply:
Please go to http://employment.davidson.edu to complete the online application, along with a cover letter and resume. The interview process will start the beginning of January 2019.
At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community. In order to achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, cultures, and national origins.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend