Visiting Assistant Professor French and Francophone
Job no: 492970
Department: French and Francophone Studies
The French and Francophone Studies Department at Davidson College invites applications for a two-year Visiting Assistant Professor position to begin July 1, 2019.
The French and Francophone Studies Department at Davidson College invites applications for a two-year Visiting Assistant Professor position to begin July 1, 2019. The successful candidate should be prepared to teach all levels of French language as well as a course in our Introduction to French and Francophone Literature series. An opportunity to teach in the College Writing Program may be a possibility. Teaching load is five courses per year, spread over two semesters. Annual professional travel funding and opportunities for research support are available. Preference will be given to candidates with PhD in hand or very near completion by August 2019 (ABD candidates are welcome to apply).
- Preference will be given to candidates with PhD in hand or very near completion by August 2019 (ABD candidates are welcome to apply).
- Native or near-native French and English
- Evidence of excellence in undergraduate teaching
- Experience living in a French-speaking country or region is highly desirable
Completed applications and supporting materials must be received at http://employment.davidson.edu by March 17, 2019.
The following materials are required of all applicants:
- Concise cover letter and C.V.,
- Unofficial graduate transcript,
- Statement of interest in teaching at a liberal arts college with a diverse student body,
- Separate diversity statement outlining how their teaching and research might contribute to Davidson’s institutional commitment to diversity and inclusion,
- Two letters of recommendation, one of which is to address language teaching specifically (and both of which are to be uploaded directly to the HR site).
Review of applications to begin March 18, 2019.
Davidson College is a nationally ranked, highly selective, residential, four-year liberal arts college located 20 miles north of Charlotte, N.C. At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community. In order to achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, cultures, and national origins.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend