Job no: 492975
Department: T&I - Digital Innovation
The Davidson College Fellows Program has an opening for the position of Innovation Fellow. The Fellow will lead the inclusion of student voice in institutional change efforts and assist the Director of Digital Learning & Innovation in managing the college’s innovation process. S/He will help lead an innovation team that supports the development and intake of ideas - to quickly assess their potential, determine where they go next, and give the college and idea owners the supporting evidence to drive them forward.
Current students or 2018 graduates with an interest in consulting, innovation management, project management, R&D in education, and entrepreneurship in general are encouraged to apply. This is a regular, full-time, one or two year appointment. Position is salaried. New employee paid by direct deposit to the financial institution of his/her choice.
- Oversee the design and support of projects and pilots as part of Idea Trek and the college’s Incubator (see http://ideas.davidson.edu)
- Serve as an internal innovation consultant for the college community;
- Facilitate design challenges across campus, in support of innovation;
- Manage a ‘sensemaking’ feedback process for discovery and evaluation of innovations
- Lead student voice initiatives for inclusion in institutional change
- Must be a member of the Davidson College Class of 2019 or 2018.
- Strong problem identification and problem solving skills;
- Demonstrated leadership
- Proficient at research;
- Able to work independently and in collaboration
Preferred Qualifications (desirable, but not necessary)
- Understanding of and experience with design thinking methodology
- Experience with UX (User Experience Design)
- Experience with lean startup methodologies
If interested in applying, please go to http://employment.davidson.edu and submit an online application, along with a cover letter and resume. Review of applications will begin March 29th.
At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community. In order to achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, cultures, and national origins.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend