Assistant Director for Leadership Development
Job no: 492980
Department: Chidsey Student Leadership Dev.
The Assistant Director for Leadership Development is an 11-month professional position within the Division of Student Life reporting to the Director of the Chidsey Center for Leadership Development. The Assistant Director plays a central role in coordinating events and programs in the Chidsey Center for Leadership Development including the Chidsey Leadership Fellows Program and the Chidsey semi-annual leadership series. The Chidsey Leadership Fellows Program brings together 48 students to expand their capacity for leadership, learn from one another, and to apply their learning at Davidson and beyond. Students are engaged in an experienced-based curriculum that builds self-awareness, increases student abilities to address complex problems, builds meaningful relationships, and encourages action. In addition to advising fellows, the Assistant Director also advises the student leaders who coordinate the annual Women’s Leadership Conference.
Under the direction of the Associate Dean of Students, the Assistant Director helps administer the WildcatSync platform by communicating division-wide leadership and engagement opportunities and facilitating regular training for student leaders and staff related to the platform. WildcatSync is a web-based platform that helps connect students with leadership, service and involvement opportunities at Davidson College.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Program and Event Coordination
- Coordinate event logistics for the semi-annual Chidsey Leadership Series
- Manage the recruitment and selection process for Chidsey Fellows program including publicity, information sessions, application review, and interview processes.
- Manage the summer immersion granting process for Chidsey Fellows
- Coordinate logistical details for Chidsey Fellows program orientation and retreats
- Generate marketing materials for Center related activities for a campus/community audience
- Steward the mentoring component in the senior year of the fellows program
Facilitation of Chidsey Fellows Leadership Curriculum
- Support the Director with the development and delivery of leadership development curriculum for the three Chidsey Leadership Fellows cohorts and for all-Chidsey gatherings
- Provide regular feedback on student work
- Support the director with program assessment and evaluation
Student Leader Advising
- Deliver monthly one-on-one coaching with students in the Chidsey Leadership Fellows Program
- Provide advice and logistical support to the student leaders who organize the annual Women’s Leadership Conference on campus
Communicate Leadership & Engagement Resources & Opportunities - Under the direction of the Associate Dean of Students, communicate division-wide leadership and engagement opportunities via a web-based platform- WildcatSync - designed to drive student engagement:
- Develop communications for students related to leadership development and engagement including but not limited to a regular e- newsletter for students
- Serve as a member of the WildcatSync implementation team and help administer the web-based platform including managing event promotions, etc.
- Develop new communication mechanisms associated with the tool.
- Deliver regular trainings for student leaders related to the platform.
Other duties as assigned
Reports to: The Director of the Chidsey Center for Leadership Development
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Master’s degree in higher education, student affairs or related field is required.
- A minimum of 1 year professional experience working with students in leadership development or at least 2 years of graduate assistantship work in higher education administration.
- Experience with program coordination and assessment
- Experience facilitating content and reflection with students
- Ability to build relationships with a wide range of audiences
- Strong communication skills
- Familiarity with social media
- Experience with the OrgSync or Engage student engagement platforms is preferred, but not required.
The position requires regular evening and weekend commitments.
Interested individuals should submit an online application at http://employment.davidson.edu and attach a cover letter and resume.
Davidson College is a highly selective, independent liberal arts college located in Davidson, North Carolina that has graduated 23 Rhodes Scholars and is consistently ranked in the top ten liberal arts colleges in the country. Faculty of Davidson College enjoy a low student-faculty ratio, emphasis on and appreciation of excellence in teaching, and a collegial, respectful atmosphere that honors academic achievement and integrity. At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community. In order to achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, cultures, and national origins.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend