WDAV Summer Interns
Job no: 492981
Categories: Temporary, Summer Employment
Department: WDAV - General & Administrative
Marketing and Technology Intern
Basic Function: The Marketing and Technology intern will receive hands-on experience in areas of digital media, marketing, and production while performing essential tasks to ensure efficient station operations. The program is designed to provide an opportunity to explore careers in the broadcasting industry while providing meaningful and practical business experience.
- Assist in development of weekly digital newsletter highlighting upcoming station events, specialty programming, and classical music news for over 8,000 subscribers
- Support social media efforts for WDAV, including managing Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr, etc.
- Work collaboratively to write interest pieces and blog posts on varying topics for WDAV: Of Note and for social media use
- Develop marketing collateral for upcoming programs and events
- Assist with event planning and execution
- Assist Assistant General Manager & Community Outreach Director with administrative functions
- Work on projects for Marketing Director and Marketing Manager as required
- Pull and file CDs, copy music into the station’s automation/production software.
- Maintain the database in the music library.
- Assist the programming staff with a variety of programming projects as well as day-to-day tasks.
- Assist Associate Content Director, Music Librarian, and Operations Manager
- Work on projects for Director of Digital Media as required
- Occasional front desk coverage
Requirements: Successful candidates will be reliable, detail-oriented, have good interpersonal and writing skills, and the ability to work independently. Social media experience preferred.
Working Conditions: Office environment; ability to complete assignments with minimal supervision. This position may require evening and weekend work depending on events scheduled.
Please submit a an online application with a current resume and cover letter to http://employment.davidson.edu Two positions are available for working from June 10th to August 16th.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend