Annual Giving Officer
Job no: 492987
Department: Annual Giving
Davidson College seeks a driven professional to develop philanthropic relationships in support of the dollar and alumni participation goals for The Fund for Davidson. The annual giving officer will work with individuals and focus on identifying, cultivating and soliciting key leadership gifts. The annual gifts officer will also build relationships with future leadership prospects building the long-term strength of Davidson’s fundraising program.
- Identify, cultivate and solicit a portfolio of approximately 400 leadership gift prospects annually. Develop and implement strategies for increasing donor support with a particular focus on the $2,500 - $10,000 gift range.
- Exceed 200 face-to-face visits annually and travel regularly to assigned regions. This position makes 100+ contacts per week in June to ensure Davison maintains one of the highest alumni participation rates in the country.
- Provide appropriate and timely prospective donor follow up. Maintain a precise record of donor contacts through the prospect management system and prepare timely call reports. Complete all necessary computer work and written reports to satisfactorily track prospects.
- Manage fundraising related projects and initiatives as assigned by the Director in support of meeting larger divisional goals.
- Staff on-campus College Relations events, such as Homecoming, Family Weekend, Ne Ultra and Reunion Weekend as well as occasional off-campus chapter events.
- Bachelor's degree and three years of related experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues.
- Self-directed, motivated and organized.
- Ability to engage and develop a rapport with donors from diverse backgrounds.
- Good follow-up skills, attention to detail and ability to think strategically.
- Development experience and/or proven track record of accomplishment in related field preferred.
- Working knowledge of multiple social media platforms and experience with data analytics and CRM database navigation.
Interested individuals should submit an online application at http://employment.davidson.edu and attach a cover letter and resume.
Davidson College is a highly selective, independent liberal arts college located in Davidson, North Carolina that has graduated 23 Rhodes Scholars and is consistently ranked in the top ten liberal arts colleges in the country. Faculty of Davidson College enjoy a low student-faculty ratio, emphasis on and appreciation of excellence in teaching, and a collegial, respectful atmosphere that honors academic achievement and integrity. At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community. In order to achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, cultures, and national origins.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend