Temporary Summer Worker - Physical Plant
Job no: 492991
Categories: Temporary, Summer Employment
Department: Physical Plant Administration
The Davidson College Physical Plant is recruiting Temporary Summer Workers. These are 40 hours per week positions.
Hours 7 am – 4 pm, Monday –Friday
Available – May 20 – August 23, 2019
- Perform a variety of custodial and general housekeeping duties involving the care and cleaning of College owned Buildings
- Weekend/overtime hours may occur for camp arrivals and departures
- Assist in performing general housekeeping duties involving the care, cleaning and stocking of supplies and equipment
- Clean, scrub, mop, shampoo, and polish floors, walls, windows, carpets, fixtures, sweeping, clean walkways and hallways
- Ability to lift 10 – 50 pounds and handle heavy duty cleaning machines
- Indoor and outdoor environment
- Standing, walking, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, bending and reaching
- Exposure to cleaning chemicals and fumes
- Perform general grounds maintenance tasks involving the operation of motorized equipment and a variety of hand tools
- Assist in maintaining campus grounds
- Irrigating, mowing, hand trimming, fertilizing, and using weed control methods
- Operate riding mowers, lawn sweepers, hydraulic sprayers and aerators
- Assist with the removal and disposal of trash and debris
- Outside work, hot temperatures
- Ability to lift 50 pounds or more
- Prepare, patch, finish and maintain all surfaces (wood, plaster, drywall, steel, concrete, brick, etc.) by recognized procedures and techniques of the painting trade
- Painting, preparing, repairing, interior and exterior in conjunction with decorated or protected areas including furniture and equipment
- Ability to lift 50 pounds or more
- Above and below grounds work, inside and outside environment, may include high scaffold work, working in inhibited areas
- Exposure to hazardous chemicals and fumes
Operations and Maintenance
- Assist in maintenance, repair, or installation of maintenance operations components of campus facilities
- Assist in providing carpentry and case work
- Assist in install, repairing and maintaining equipment in carpentry, electrical, and mechanical shop
- Assist in performing carpentry work in construction, repairing and removing floors, roofs, stairways, partitions, walls, etc.
- Assist in installation and repair of heat pumps, air conditioners and furnaces
- Assist in repair of lighting fixtures
- Inside and outside work
- Ability to lift 50 pounds or more, climbing on roofs, ladders, etc.
- Warehouse work
- Ability to lift and carry packages 50 pounds or more
- Loading and unloading
- Golf cart experience
- Technology experience, creating spreadsheets
- Organizational Skills
- Ability to work without supervision
If interested in applying, please submit an online application to http://employment.davidson.edu The application process will be open through the month of April.
Davidson College is a highly selective, independent liberal arts college located in Davidson, North Carolina, that has graduated 23 Rhodes Scholars and is consistently ranked in the top ten liberal arts colleges in the country. Faculty of Davidson College enjoy a low student-faculty ratio, emphasis on and appreciation of excellence in teaching, and a collegial, respectful atmosphere that honors academic achievement and integrity.
At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community. In order to achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, cultures, and national origins.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend