Director of Men's Basketball Operations
Job no: 493029
Department: Athletics - Mens Basketball
The Director of Men's Basketball Operations is needed to assist the Head Coach in all aspect of the Men’s Basketball program including recruiting, staff supervision, program maintenance, and fundraising.
- Film Exchange: Being creative with how we get film, following up and making sure it gets done, having the same sense of urgency as the coach that is scouting the opponent. Dragon Fly – getting games captured, moving all games to different computers. Proficiency and use of DVSport. Making slides, set up film and scouting reports and post game clips, save clips in an organized way, and organize current film to make clips for teaching tapes for next year
- Assist Head and Assistant Coaches with travel plans including hotel, meal and transportation arrangements; Arrange travel schedules and itineraries for staff and players
- Assist with player relations, including daily player activities, ticket distribution, and serve as a parent liaison
- Assist in all aspects of recruiting allowable by NCAA rules, review and rate prospect film, secure transcripts and serve as a liaison for guidance counselors
- In preparation for opponents, secure rosters, news and support information; post game comments; focus attention on rebounding and supply supporting materials to coaches
- Assist with season highlight video; Update website and work with other staff members to promote men's basketball on campus and off campus
Bachelor's Degree; Some experience in organized sports, preferably in an academic setting. Good organizational and supervisory skills; ability to relate to students in a leadership role; and good people skills required experience in organized sports, preferably in an academic setting.
If interested in applying, please submit an online application, along with a cover letter and resume to http://employment.davidson.edu. Review of applications will begin immediately.
At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community. In order to achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, cultures, and national origins.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend