Admission Counselor and/or Senior Admission Counselor
Job no: 493036
Department: Admission & Financial Aid
The Office of Admission and Financial Aid seeks an Admission Counselor (or Senior Admission Counselor based upon qualifications and experience) to join our team as we advance the mission of Davidson College by enrolling the best and brightest students from around the country and the world. Key accountabilities include: recruitment travel, territory management, public speaking and application review. Additional responsibilities may include scholarship review, campus visit programming, data management, and social media outreach.
- Manage assigned regional travel territory with the direction of the leadership team. Territory management responsibilities include: fostering strong relationships between the college and prospective students, conducting high school visits, attending college fairs, hosting coffees/receptions/events, meeting with counselors and community building organizations, participating in college-readiness programs, and meeting with alumni.
- Review applications, evaluating academic and personal characteristics in order to advocate and make proper referrals for the applicant and the college’s enrollment and scholarship goals. Primary responsibility will be to review applications from assigned regional territory, with additional reading assignments as needed. The admission counselor attends and presents application recommendations at admission committee meetings.
- Conduct on-campus group information sessions throughout the year during business hours and additional weekends and evenings as assigned.
- Assist with assigned office functions related to recruitment with an eye toward improving data management, prospect management, analysis, relationship development, and prospective student/constituent outreach.
- Organize, market, and staff on campus Office of Admission & Financial Aid events including: Junior Day, McNab Alumni Legacy program, Day at Davidson, Discover Davidson, Decision Davidson, Senior Visit Days, Belk Scholars Weekend, and Counselor Visit Program.
- In addition to delivering information sessions and reviewing applications, the Admission Counselor will have additional responsibilities in the office. Possibilities may include working with current students and alumni volunteers, with underrepresented and first-generation applicants, CBO outreach, social media and technology initiatives, admission event planning, data management (Slate), athletic/arts recruitment, visit team, scholarship programs, and more.
Bachelor's degree; experience in undergraduate admissions as an admissions counselor, admissions intern and/or admissions tour guide employee, and a valid United States driver's license. The successful candidate should have excellent demonstrated abilities to: communicate verbally and in writing, organize activities and projects, and work collaboratively and effectively with a diverse group of people in a fast-paced environment.
Experience within higher education and/or college admission, data analysis, social media, and event/program management.
At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community. In order to achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, cultures, and national origins.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend