BI & Integrations Developer
Job no: 493058
Department: T&I - Enterprise Sol & Analytics
Who You Are
You are an IT professional with a passion for experimentation in building solutions. Whether as an independent consultant, student or full-time IT employee you have demonstrated the ability to design and implement BI, analytic, and integration solutions in an agile manner while quickly and successfully responding to change. You are eager to learn and grow into a data engineer. You are comfortable with rapid development and prototyping as a step in building solutions. You have questions and are comfortable finding answers. Finally, you are eager to work with a team of like-minded individuals whom are eager to grow with you.
What You Will Do
- Plan, design, develop, test and implement business intelligence and integration solutions within Davidson’s enterprise BI and integration infrastructure to support operational and academic solutions.
- Develop solutions to extract, transform, and load institutional data in to and out of various endpoints include the enterprise data warehouse.
- Build integration pipelines within which can be re-used as additional integration requirements arise.
- Develop data outputs (reports, dashboards, key performance indicators (KPI) and visualizations), and assist in data modeling and BI environment architecture tasks.
- Participate in various enterprise information management workflow processes including data quality automation, data dictionary maintenance and data classification via metadata documentation.
- Uphold the department’s mission to “drive digital transformation that advances Davidson’s primary purpose” and contribute positively to a culture of collaboration, transparency, empathy, innovation, and accountability within T&I.
- Develop reports using Power BI and Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) based on collaboration with T&I Engagement team members and partners across the College.
- Develop ETL / ELT solutions as part of data integration and data warehousing initiatives.
- Participate in data warehouse architecture activities including data modeling.
- Develop data visualizations, dashboards, KPIs and other self-service data solutions
- Contribute as an architect and developer within the Davidson API project
Information Management (15%)
- Participate in information management activities including data quality standards and data stewardship
- Represent T&I by participating in cross-departmental information management groups
Consultation and Engagement (10%)
- Consult regularly with T&I staff and departmental users to evaluate if developed solutions are being used to their fullest advantage and yielding the greatest possible efficiencies.
- Maintain current knowledge of best practices and future trends in enterprise applications and participate in user communities, professional associations, and conferences to share expertise and learn from others.
- Prepare and provide status, activity, project updates and reports, and other communications to T&I leadership and campus constituents, as needed or requested.
- Bachelor’s degree or two years of relevant work experience - during which the applicant was learning BI / Integrations skills.
- Four or more years of relevant experience (beyond that listed above) developing business intelligence and integration solutions including report and ETL and report development.
- Understanding of data modeling concepts and implementation.
- Development within the Microsoft BI stack including SQL Server, SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Analysis Services, SQL Server Reporting Services, and Power BI while exhibiting increasing technical skillset and understanding.
- Demonstrated ability to work with end users to assess needs, define and document technical requirements/specifications, and propose technical solutions that add value to the business process, department, or organization.
- Experience with data management in both relational and non-relational environments, specifically building solutions which parse and produce JSON data.
- A ‘can-do’ attitude to challenges; energized by change and thriving in team-based work.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, and customer service skills and ability to establish good working relationships with a wide range of people within an academic community.
Bonus Points For
- Bachelors or advanced degree in computer engineering or computer science.
- Extensive and documented experience building integration solutions either from scratch or within a IPaaS environment (SnapLogic, MuleSoft, Jitterbit, etc…)
- Understanding and demonstrated ability to build solutions using RESTful API endpoints and web services as destination and/or source.
- Extensive and documented experience with self-service data visualization and analysis software in a production environment (MS Power BI, Tableau or Qlik).
- Development of PL/SQL solutions for ETL and Integration in an Oracle 11 (or above) environment.
- Experience developing solutions using Python and/or R - specifically analytical and data visualization work with packages like NumPy, Pandas, MatPlotLib, etc… or equivalent R libraries
- Familiarity with automation via scripting (ie. PowerShell or BASH)
- Experience with Git for version control.
- Experience with Azure DevOps
- Previous experience in higher education and familiarity with its common academic and business processes.
- Experience working with Ellucian Banner or Banner XE, Blackbaud CRM, Ellucian Operational Data Store (ODS), Technolutions SLATE, and/or other higher education enterprise applications.
At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community. In order to achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, cultures, and national origins.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend